| The regional government determines the safety protocol for students during the EBAU celebration | This is a series of agreed measures, taking into account the considerations of the Ministries of Health and Education, between the Departments of Universities, Education and Health, as well as the Organizing Commission for the tests and the Institute for Occupational Safety and HealthThe Minister for Employment, Research and Universities, Miguel Motas, explained this morning what the extraordinary protocol for the fulfillment of protection measures will consist of, aimed at students, facing the Baccalaureate Assessment tests for Access to University (EBAU) 2020, derived from the situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic.On July 6, 7 and 8 the EBAU will be held in the Region of Murcia.
Since the final dates were known, the Ministry of Employment, Research and Universities had been requesting the central government a protocol of action to be taken into account in the organization of these tests, given the situation caused by the health crisis and the need to have of special security measures.Given the delay of the same, which was not ready until last Friday, May 15, the University Coordination Committee (CCU) Covid-19 led by said Ministry and which includes all the Universities of the Region of Murcia (UMU, UPCT , UCAM and UNED) requested a few weeks ago the Technical Committee of the EBAU in the Region (made up of representatives from the General Directorate of Universities, the General Directorate of Public Health, the General Directorate of Educational Evaluation, the Organizing Commission of the EBAU and the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) to determine which criteria should be taken into account, both when selecting the sites that will host the tests this year and during and after the tests are held.“Our main concern is to be able to guarantee the safety of both students and teachers and of all the personnel involved in holding the tests.
As I have said on other occasions, this is going to be the first massive event to be held in the Region of Murcia since the state of alarm came into force.
We plan that between 7,500 and 8,000 students sit for exams and you cannot take the slightest risk, "said Miguel Motas. Thus, for example, among other aspects, the protocol establishes that all students will receive on their mobile phone precise information on the corresponding headquarters, points to go to for each exam, with a location map and a detailed explanation on how act at every moment.The distancing measures and to avoid mobility have forced an increase in the number of seats and sub-seats of the Court, which can be consulted on the web pages of the public universities in the Region of Murcia and on those of the Employment, Research and Universities and Education and Culture.For the management of the flow of students and their confluence towards the sites, as well as for the orderly abandonment of the same towards the public thoroughfare and for the ordering of traffic in the areas where the test sites are located, there will be devices Local Police.According to the counselor, "this protocol is intended to serve as prevention and protection of public health but it will not be effective without the collaboration and commitment of the students", hence the need to insist that "we are facing an unprecedented pandemic and that any carelessness or lack of precaution can spread the contagion ”.The final protocol has taken into account the considerations of the Ministries of Health and Education, as well as the Covid-19 University Coordination Committee of the Region of Murcia.
As mentioned during the celebration of the last CCU-Covid19, it may serve as a reference document for other similar tests that must be carried out in the Autonomous Community.