The Department of Equality of the Totana City Council condemns and regrets the death of the last victim of gender violence that occurred this past weekend in the Canarian town of Agüimes.
In addition, it is recalled that, given the exceptional confinement measures agreed and aware of the special vulnerability in which are those women who may be victims of gender violence, the Department wants to appeal to all of them and remind them that "No they are alone".
The Specialized Care Center for Victims of Gender Violence (CAVI) in Totana keeps the service operational by telephone service for users, from Monday to Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., respectively, according to sources from the Department. of Social Welfare.
Interested women can contact by phone 968 418177 or 968 418151 extension 1521;
so that there will always be a reference professional in person.
In-person care is reduced to situations of seriousness or urgency;
and where appropriate, will be dealt with the available means according to the security regulations that establish the established restrictions.
For emergency situations or after hours, contact 112, where reference professionals will attend to the user giving the best possible solution for her case.
The CAVI team in Totana has assessed the risk of violence and vulnerability of active users in order to prioritize actions with other resources such as the Civil Guard and the Local Police.
In this way, the provision of the service is adapted to Royal Decree 463/2020, of March 14, which declares the state of alarm for the management of the health crisis situation caused by COVID-19.
In Totana, therefore, our municipality continues to provide services to care for victims, considering them essential to maintain their protection.
They can request information, help and advice through the following resources:
- Device 112, free urgent telephone service available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Telephone service 016, for information and legal advice for women victims of gender violence where they will receive free attention from professionals 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- CAVI, where they can receive telephone attention from the professional team made up of a Social Worker, Psychologist and Legal Advisor in the morning from 9:00 to 14:00 (968 41 81 77).
- State Security Forces and Bodies: Totana Civil Guard (968 42 00 53) and Local Police (968 41 81 81).
- Health Centers and Courts, although in the face of this exceptional health situation, we recommend that in cases of emergency, and whenever possible, a call be made to the 112 telephone device, who will advise you on the steps to follow and will implement the protocol of protection to ensure in any case the physical and psychological integrity of the victim.
Confinement can aggravate the situations of male violence that many women suffer in our municipality and make it difficult for them to seek help.
For this reason, more than ever, collaborating in the fight against gender violence must feel like a responsibility of all citizens.
The Department indicates that if you hear screams, fights, beatings and believe that a macho aggression is taking place, call 112 or the State Security Forces and Bodies.