CLARIFICATIONS ON THE BAND.
In all cases, when decisions are taken such as suspending classes, they are not exempt from certain and controversial logic.
I want to clarify the reason for my decision:
1. The competition on Education belongs to the Autonomous Community: From the City Council what we do in collaborating in what we can.
2. Before the forecasts, the Ministry agreed to the suspension of classes today in some towns of Murcia and Pedanías de Lorca.
This was the official information that I have shuffled since yesterday afternoon and I have informed it.
3. This morning, around 6, I left my house and the weather was terrible to suspend classes and other activities.
But I couldn't make the decision.
4. When I arrive at the City Council, I find a circular from the Ministry of Education (sent yesterday Sunday afternoon) in which I am informed of the possibility of making decisions based on Civil Protection reports on the risks to teachers and students.
5. I have a meeting with Civil Protection and we agree that there are serious risks and write the report advising the suspension.
6. Based on this information and Risk Report, I resolve under my responsibility, to decree the suspension of the teaching classes and other activities such as the Centers for the disabled and elderly.
Previously, the Teaching Centers are informed.
I feel the haste and discomfort that have been generated in some parents or teachers by the haste over time and understand the circumstances.
The responsibility for the risk that people may run is important to me.
I hope that if the alert situation continues for tomorrow, we can give the information this afternoon.